Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Where's Tommy?

It's an almost daily question at our house. Matthew is having a hard time figuring this out. Yesterday someone said Tommy was on the phone, and Matthew thought he said "Tommy's home." So he went running to the front door looking for him. I picked him up and told him again where Tommy is (new photos!!).

It's clear that Tommy is happy and is growing in so many ways right now. And that gives us peace about his decision. But it is still hard to answer when Matthew tells me, "I want Tommy to not 'tay at Reach. He has to 'tay here, with Patrick...and Matthew...and DaddyandMommyandKatieandJophus." Then he asks, " Will he be home soon?" And I say, "He'll be home in December." He accepts that answer. Thank goodness.

So check out the photos of happy Reach Teamers at the link above.

Post Script: At bedtime, Matthew looked up at me with his peaceful, "I'm feeling happy," smile and said, "Tommy loves me very, very much." I heartily agreed, and after a pause he added, "I love him very, very much, too."

All's well that ends well.

No comments: