Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cooking lesson



Yesterday, Kazumi-san, our Japanese tutor, taught us how to make Japanese curry. This is one of our favorite dishes, and I am excited that we know how to make it now. I decided to take a picture of the box of curry because I sometimes have a hard time figuring out what's what in the grocery store.



We can't wait to teach Tommy how to make it when he comes home for Christmas. It's one of his favorites, too. It was what he chose for his last Japanese meal at the airport before he left.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Dan and I love to make Japanese curry and serve it on rice with a side of vegetarian chik patties - just like chicken katsu curry without having to fry anything! (It's equally good with regular chicken patties, but we started to feel guilty about eating them when we were going through a period of eating it all the time.)

Judy said...

Yum! It is addictive, isn't it? At the store today, I was wondering to myself whether anyone would object if we had both soba and curry for dinner this week. When I realized the answer to that question was, "NO!" I knew that we had officially acclimated ourselves to Japan ;-)