Thursday, September 25, 2008

Prayers, please


I knew it was coming up, but I missed the first day. Prayer and fasting for life began on September 24th.

Appropriate, as these are the autumn Ember Days (September 24, 26 and 27), traditionally days of fasting in preparation for a feast--in this case, Michaelmas, the Feast of the Archangels on Sept. 29th--and also to mark the change of the seasons. An enlightening article is quoted on Fr. Z's blog.

Is there a location near you? If not, you can get it started...or if you can't do that, you can still pray...and fast. I can't believe it but I'm giving up chocolate. Argh...that 40 days covers Hallowe'en!!

Please consider doing something during this time to give voice to the vulnerable and voiceless.

Here's today's prayer.


1 comment:

sherry said...

I almost missed it. A friend reminded us last night.