Sunday, February 21, 2010

40 bags - Days 4 & 5


Not a single bag out of here this weekend. Sigh. We had plans to go through the shoe cabinet, Joseph's dresser, and the board games. I thought we would have more time for this on the weekends, but it seems we had less. Maybe because the days are less structured?

Or maybe because they are more crowded with activities, chores, and craziness, like losing John's van key at the commissary somewhere. I realized it as I finished shopping and needed to be at the movie theater in 15 minutes to pick Katie up from the movie she went to see with a friend and take her and the groceries home so that I could go to a Pampered Chef party at my friend, Virginia's house. (Katie saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. She now knows what I mean when I say that movies can make you dumber.) Thankfully, Patrick was on base with my van and picked up Katie and then took us and our groceries home. I got John's key and Patrick took me back to base where I left my name and phone number at the commissary office and went late to my party in John's van. Phew!

On the bright side, Katie went to a movie with a friend on Saturday afternoon, and I went to a Pampered Chef party with my friends Saturday evening. And by the time I got home from the party, the lost van key was on the windowsill where it belongs. The commissary had called to say the key was turned in and Patrick rescued me again by picking it up before he came home from the base.

And yes, the party is related to the topic of this post because now I know I need to clean out my kitchen cabinets to make room for some stoneware. (It's on sale this month!)

Hah! I CAN rationalize anything. ;)

Old habits die hard.

Update on Monday morning: Just remembered that Sundays don't count in the 40 days. So we're not as far behind as I thought. Yay!

No comments: