Saturday, June 14, 2008

Shake a little

We're fine. The earthquake this morning was stronger and longer in duration than our usual little ones, but Misawa did not have any damage that we know of, and we never lost power.

I was at home nursing Meghan when it hit, and I have to admit that when it didn't tremble and go away quickly, I got a little nervous. But just as I was thinking, "Wow, this is bigger than usual, I wonder if I should get up and move somewhere safer," the tremors slowed and stopped. Although I did feel a wavy motion for several minutes after the shaking stopped.

John, Katie, Joseph, and Matthew were on their way to soccer games and didn't feel the tremors at all.

Thanks be to God for our safety, and please keep the families of the 3 victims and all those affected in Iwate Prefecture in your prayers.

No comments: