Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

To my Dad and to John and all my brothers and brothers-in-law whose children bring such joy to our family. May God continue to bless all of you with good health, wisdom, and understanding.

To Dad, especially, thank you for your love and support throughout my life. I love you!

Here's a prayer for all of you from the back of the holy card distributed at Mass this morning.

Father's Prayer

Most loving Father, you are the
perfect example of fatherhood.
Through the intercession of St.
Joseph, patron of fathers, teach me
what to give and what to withhold.
Show me when to reprove and when
to praise. Make me gentle and
considerate, yet firm and watchful.
Keep me from weak indulgence and
from great severity. Give me the
courage to be disliked sometimes by
my children when I must do
necessary things which are
displeasing in their eyes. Give me the
imagination to enter into their world in
order to understand and guide them.
Give me all the virtues I need to lead
them by word and example in the
path of righteousness. Amen.

No comments: