Sunday, March 9, 2008

88 days?!

I looked at the baby calendar on the right on Friday and realized that we have fewer than 90 days to go before the baby is due.

I have to admit I panicked slightly. Okay, I panicked a lot.

Suddenly all those things I have been putting off and saying, "oh, yeah, we need to do that before the baby is born," are looming large.

A few of the big things:

-John wants to rearrange the living room to accommodate a new server system for our home network. This involves moving both the piano and the computer armoire--yikes!! I would like the furniture moving to be finished before the baby is born to minimize the extra chaos.

-The master bedroom needs attention. We need to move my nightstand to make room for the bassinette on my side of the bed. This means I will have to put away all the books that are piled there because I think I'm going to get around to reading them some day.

-The nightstand needs to go next to the table/cabinet where I plan to keep the changing pad and diapering things, and I need to find a large, pretty basket to keep the diapers in because that will go on top of the nightstand.

-John and I both need to clean off our dressers and dust them!!

-Next to our bathroom are storage shelves. Right now, these are a mess and they need to be reorganized, most importantly because the baby's clothes and blankets are going to be kept there, which means emptying at least one shelf for the purpose.

-the last 6 unpacked boxes are in our bedroom: one where the nightstand needs to go three behind my rocking chair, which now needs to be able to actually rock, and two on the aforementioned storage shelves. These need to be unpacked, stuff sorted and either disposed of, donated, or put away somewhere

-the school closet desperately needs to be reorganized and so does the storage closet where the science equipment is kept.

-grading--the bane of my existence--needs to be finished before June as much as possible so I can turn in my annual reports in a timely fashion and just enjoy the baby this summer

-the time has also come to create a better chore chart and do some retraining. I catch myself finishing up chores that aren't quite completed a bit too often lately, and I know that come June, no one will do the finishing up unless I make a point to teach/remind people now. I'm also thinking of teaching Patrick and Katie to do laundry. Tommy could help with that, too, while he's home, but I won't have him after he leaves for school in August.

No comments: