Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankfulness

On our second Thanksgiving in Japan, I am grateful for


okay, yes, pie, I am grateful for pecan pie :-) yum!

-Vonage: phone calls with loved ones far away

-photos of our baby nephews over the internet--one of them is creeping now and we saw him on video--what joy!



-a warm house on a cold and snowy day

-heat in my van..for that matter, for my van, which starts up right away and can be parked in a garage so I no longer have to clear off snow before driving



-the laughter in my living room over a card game called "No Way"

-my sweet toddler's curly head and daily greeting, "Good morning Mommy, will you read me this 'tory?"



-my six-year-old who carefully helps his little brother in and out of his car seat so that they can ride together in the back.

-my ten-year-old daughter for everything she is, but especially for her thoughtfulness and for doing that g irl thing of seeing what needs to be done, and doing it (or reminding me about it)

-my 15-year-old son who stayed up late last night making our cranberry sauce for today, who does his school work diligently without complaining, and who plays games with his younger siblings

-my 18-year-old son who called home today, who is persevering in difficulty, who is growing so much this year, and who takes time to talk with his younger sister and brothers and to email them and keep up their relationships.



-the new life I am carrying within me--yet another miraculous gift from our loving Father

-the Daddy of all these children who lovingly cares for all of us in big and little ways

-the fact that he is not in the military and won't be deployed and can usually be here with us throughout the year

-and for the gifts of peace and time and joy and love


No comments: