Friday, March 19, 2010

Lapbooks

We recently discovered how much fun lap books are. We have always made books of one kind or another: with folded paper, or stapled pages, or cut-out shapes. But we have never made use of the file folder-based lap book idea until this winter.

Thanks are due to my mother-in-law, who sent me The Ultimate Lapbook Handbook, and my husband, who agreed that we could also use The Big Book of Books. We are off on a great book-making adventure.

Katie devoured the resource books and was inspired to organize my grading materials, which were always floating around on the school table buried under binders and books just when I needed to calculate a percentage or translate into a letter grade.

Then she added a page and made a pocket to hold other resources that I use when grading essays and planning course work.


Now, everything is together in a folder that fits beautifully in my book basket.


Thank you, Katie. :-)

No comments: