Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Worth the wait

When we were in China, we swam in the hotel pool, but Joseph was very uncomfortable in the water, not wanting to venture much out of reach of the wall. This was not the "comfortable in the water Joseph" who was swimming around in the deep end two summers ago.

So when the time came for swim lesson sign-ups two weeks ago, I waited 3 hours in line to sign him up for three months of lessons. At the time it seemed like a huge pain for such a little thing, and I was pretty annoyed about the whole process. (Although the presence of a friend in line was fun.)

Yesterday was his first class.

When we got home he said, "As I was getting into the pool, I was thinking, 'Well, I hope I don't drown.' And when the lesson was over I was thinking, 'Awww, do we have to get out already?'"

If he doesn't learn another thing in the next three months, it will still have been worth that wait in line.

1 comment:

sherry said...

Yes, it will be worth it! Funny the things that go through our children's heads. I wonder what brought on the hesitation. Three months of lessons should reinforce what he learned this week--for good, we can hope!!!