Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holy Thursday



Here's what we've been up to today:


Baking Hot Cross Buns,


enjoying the spring weather,


and coloring Easter eggs.







The camouflage egg is a family tradition started by Tommy. Joseph continued it today.


Meghan got stuck under the table...poor baby.


Calm after the storm


While I was cooking dinner, I noticed the sun coming through the window onto our home altar. I had to take a few pictures to share with you.




We went to Mass after dinner. John, Patrick, and Joseph got their feet washed. Pange Lingua was sung in English. Wish it had been Latin, but I'll take what I can get. Adoration time after Mass gave me the quiet prayer time I had been trying for since I woke up this morning. Thank you, Jesus.

I only wish Tommy could be home to celebrate the Triduum with us. We love you and miss you, Tommy!

May your preparations for Easter bring your hearts closer to Him.

3 comments:

sherry said...

Our love to all of you this Easter. I recognize that chalice!
What delightful pictures! Tahnk you for sharing them. We send our love to Tommy, too.

Judy said...

If you could see it better, you would recognize the altar cloth, too. :-) We are on the fourth child working with and learning from that Mass kit. What a wonderful gift it was/is! Thank you again, Mom.

sherry said...

You're welcome! I'm glad it is such a success! Now I am doing two more sets--one for Benjamin's First Communion and one for Simon for sometime in the future.