Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nine months

Believe it or not, Meghan is nine months old. With each baby, the first year seems to fly faster and faster, even though I want to cling to each moment and hold them all in my heart.

We went to Meghan's well-child check-up on Friday and the doctor told us, "Developmentally, she's a rock star." You have to love a doctor who confirms your suspicions that your child is simply amazing.

Meghan weighs 18 lbs, 1 oz. and is 27 inches long. She dropped to the 50th percentile for weight but remains in the 97th percentile for height. I failed to write down her head circumference again. I'll have to call and check on that, but it was in the correct range on the growth chart. All in all, she's growing fine.

One nice thing about her being child number six is that I don't worry so much about weight numbers anymore. When Patrick was a baby, he took a similar plunge from 75th to 50th percentile in weight at this same time (between 6 and 9 months). At the time, the doctor had me worried that he was losing too much weight. Now, knowing that he's fine, I'm not worried about Meghan at all. She's following a family pattern. Thankfully, this doctor did not tell me to feed Meghan cookies, which was the helpful advice of the doc who saw Patrick at his 9-month check-up. This doctor said, "She looks great. She is developing well. Her height increase tells me that she's well-nourished. I'm not worried at all about this weight change."

Hooray for Meghan!!

No comments: