Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Prayer

Following Catholic tradition and the exhortation of St. Paul to "pray constantly", I attempt to read Morning Prayer when I arise each day.  I say "attempt", because some days I just don't manage it.  Nonetheless, this is the reading for Wednesday of Week III--and the reading I encountered the morning after the 2012 US elections.

Naked I came forth from my mother's womb,
  and naked I shall go back again.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
  blessed be the name of the Lord!
We accept good things from God;
  and should we not accept evil?
Job 1: 21; 2: 10b

Very fitting.  Rather than be upset about the elections, I decided to concentrate on the things I can do something about.  Two that came easily to mind were Prayer and Fasting.  More to follow...

No comments: