Thursday, March 31, 2011

Survivor Journal - Chapter 3

After a long day at work, it was a pleasure not to have to cook.  Stacey invited me to her home for dinner.  I met her husband Dan and their children Allison, Ben, and Cameron.  The ribs were great and it was exciting to have some kids around.  They're 4, 4 (twins) and 1 and, like our younger children, liven up when guests arrive.  Or maybe they're always like that.  Anyway, it was a great distraction from the very quiet house I now come back to in the evening.

Tomato Soup Surprise
That's my contribution to the potluck tomorrow evening after Stations of the Cross.  I have the honor of being the only male name in the list of people signed up to bring food to the event.  The group "in charge" is Caring Kitchen, so I'm taking Judy's place, at least this one time.

I found these ingredients in the house this evening, which I think will go together well enough to be palatable.

2 containers of organic creamy tomato soup
2 cans of Campbells Tomato Soup
2 cans of Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
Basil
Chipotle Chili Pepper
Paprika

I think it'll work if I add milk instead of water to the Campbell's soup and don't overdo the chili powder.  The basil and paprika are really just for decoration.  The key is it has to be quick enough for me to put together when I get home from work as late as 5:00, so I can go back to the chapel before 6:00.

No comments: