Thursday, October 1, 2009

Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux


"There is one ONLY THING to do here below: to love Jesus, to win souls for Him so that He may be loved. Let us seize with jealous care every least opportunity of self sacrifice. Let us refuse Him nothing - He does so want our love!"

VI letter to her sister Celine



"Love!...that is what I ask...I know but one thing now - to love Thee, O Jesus! Glorious deeds are not for me, I cannot preach the Gospel, shed my ...what does it matter? My brothers toil instead of me, and I, the little child, I keep quite close to the royal throne, I love for those who fight."

Story of A Soul, Chapter XI



Meghan with a statue of St. Therese, one of her patron Saints,
at the Trappestine Convent, Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan
August 15, 2009



We celebrated Meghan's name day today with applesauce spice cake for dessert followed by a special Name Day Blessing from Daddy.

I searched high and low for a St. Therese holy card to put on the table with our Easter candle tonight. I never found one, although I'm sure we have at least one. I had to use Story of a Soul instead.



"Mmmmm," said the g irl of the hour as she poked her forefinger into the frosting. She hadn't even tasted it yet. How did she know?

Her impression was confirmed a second later when she got her finger into her mouth. "Mmmmmm....."


"Without love, deeds, even the most brilliant, count as nothing."

Story of a Soul, Chapter VIII



How she enjoyed her cake!



"Oh! What mysteries will be revealed to us later... How often have I thought that I perhaps owe all the graces showered upon me to the earnest prayer of a little soul whom I shall know only in Heaven. It is God's will that in this world by means of prayer Heavenly treasures should be imparted by souls one to another, so that when they reach the Fatherland they may love one another with a love born of gratitude, with an affection far, far exceeding the most ideal family affection upon earth."
Counsels and Reminiscences



Happy name day, Margaret Maire-Therese!



No comments: