Friday, May 23, 2008

Checklist

A few months back, I wrote about all the chores we needed to do before the baby is born. With only 2 weeks to go, I thought it would be good to go back and see how we're doing.

--rearrange the living room--partially done. We moved three bookshelves and some furniture, but haven't braved the armoire/piano switch yet.

-master bedroom--all 6 boxes are gone (hooray!)

-nightstand: cleaned and moved; diapers: ordered, arrived, and washed; basket for diapers: still working on this one. It needs to be large, but not overwhelming. I keep looking when I'm online and in the stores here. Hopefully, one will show up soon.

-dressers: mine is clean; John's is getting there. So is his nightstand.

-storage shelves: clean and rearranged to make room for baskets of baby clothes in lieu of a dresser (baskets and clean clothes in place)

-the front hall closet: I cleaned and reorganized two shelves yesterday. Then I had to take a break to list a pile of school books from one of the shelves for sale online. It's the right time of year to sell, so if they're going to sell, they should go soon. If they don't sell, I think I'll donate the religion ones to our parish RE program. Hoping to finish the rest of the shelves today.

-the school closet: not there yet

-grading--I'm working on this as much as I can. Now that we have finished classes for the year and only have exams to finish, I will have more time during the day to focus on grading.

-better chore chart and retraining: still working on this one. I found an interesting chore chart online, but haven't ordered yet. I'm still pondering the best way to do this. Doing it at all would be a step in the right direction, however. I need to make a decision.

-The other thing that I have added to the list is the gardening. We are overrun with dandelions. John has been working at it every weekend, but it seems almost impossible to get rid of them all. And we're not even talking about in the grass of the yard. I'm only hoping to clear them out of the flower beds, along the sidewalks, and in the gravel driveway/parking area.

-Oh, and, haha, I forgot to mention that we need to bring in the bassinette, clean it, wash the liner and sheets, and find something to put it on so it is the right height for the side of our bed--so I can easily reach the baby and return him there after night time nursing.

Thank goodness we have two more weeks. :-)

2 comments:

sherry said...

"Return 'HIM' there"???

Judy said...

Just a convenient use of the male pronoun, Mom, no new info on that front will be available until he (or she) is born. :-)