Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy Birthday...

...to my dear husband, John!!

Fathers don't get much credit in the media these days for their daily sacrifices or the support they give their families, so I am going to give you some credit here. It's not as much as you deserve, but today I offer you my most sincere appreciation.

You are one of those fathers who offers the daily prayer of getting up and going out to work after feeding several breakfasts, fixing a financial problem for a far-away teenager, and checking the Red Sox scores ;-). You make the daily sacrifice of personal time to help with math and science, toss a baseball, fix a flat bike tire, build a new bookshelf, fix my lesson plan files, and listen thoughtfully to my many thoughts, ideas, dreams, and worries.

You offer the greatest example of a faithful, Catholic life to our children: leading us in prayer, supporting my efforts to celebrate the liturgical year, getting up early to be sure that we, or the scouts, or whoever you are in charge of at the moment, gets to Mass each Sunday. You teach our children by your example of daily prayer. You teach them by your example of a life lived with love.

You pick up your cross every day and carry it for love of us, but mostly for love of Jesus Christ.

Thank you for being my dear husband and my dear friend.

With all my love,

Judy

2 comments:

sherry said...

Our happy birthday wishes, also, to John. Hope you have had a good day and a delicious celebration!
With our love, M & D G

Taryn said...

Happy birthday and much love from Taryn, Dan & Simon, too!